Monday, April 6, 2009

Everyone loves the Roses!!! More info for you all....

Hello fellow crafters,

The roses are a big hit and I want to clarify something. They are not my original idea. I have had an original idea or two but this isn't one of them. I saw these roses on the Martha Stewart show, went to the website and downloaded the instructions and watched the video. The instructions are a bit limited and so is the video but it's worth viewing to see how they are made. Because both are a bit limited you have to figure some of it out for yourself. You can also purchase instructions and kits on the creators website. Buying the supplies on your own is really inexpensive though.

As you can see from the pictures in my previous post, making them yourself is very do-able. The roses my students made yesterday were their first attempt, they came out fabulous, and look REAL!! And, they are very inexpensive to make. You can buy them already made from the creator at $60 per rose for the large ones like we made. Can we all say....Yikes!

So give it a try, have fun and share your creations with me or at least leave a comment so I know you were here and I'm not talking to myself............please?

4 comments:

cherylcrafter said...

Your not talking to yourself!! The roses are just gorgeous, if I do say so myself, since I made one and plan to make more. Once you get the hang of using the florist tape, how to stretch it and wrap it around the petals, it's very easy to make these roses. No one should feel intimidated to try this. Come to a class and join us on a Sunday afternoon, we would love to have you and you will learn a lot and have a great time.
Cheryl

Creative Monkey Designs said...

Hi Cheryl, thank you for leaving a comment when you visit!! I enjoy knowing what you think.

Creative Monkey Designs said...

Hi Cheryl, thank you for leaving a comment when you visit!! I enjoy knowing what you think.

Anonymous said...

WOW they are so pretty and it looks like everyone had a great time making them....so sad I couldn't make it. Thanks for sharing all the details and no you are not talking to yourself, bcause I now Emily is always listening! :) Hugs Donna